Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hooked On Indian Bead Work


We're finally home from a very long trip back.......India is a loooooong way to go! Due to my Indian inspiration, today's blog is about how I am HOOKED ON indian beadwork.


All the beautiful Sari's are adorned with this gorgeous beading, each one is hand sewn. I was just entranced by all the incredible hand work that is put into these dresses.

But beads are not just applied to Sari's and clothing but also to pillows, purses, shoes and........table cloths.

That brings me to the winner of my game "Where In The World Is Tamara". As you may remember, if my blogger peeps guessed correctly on my location using only the pictorial clues I gave, they were entered into a draw. Today is the day we draw the winner. My suitcase is open and my gorgeous beaded table runner is out and ready to be given away.
And the winner of this LOVELY table runner I bought in the market in Delhi......and the Big Guy paid for.......is........is..........Antigoni! Wow, I brought this lovely table runner all the way back from India and now I'm going to send it all the way back to Greece! Can you believe it?!
Now, I have a SECOND prize that I bought, just for fun, also from the market. It's a lovely beaded pillow cover. So, here goes the second drawing........and the winner is........Derrick and Jeanette!
Congratulations to my winners. I'll be sending this small token in the mail soon :)
Now if you'd like to see what everyone else is Hooked On, pop on by Hooked on Houses for Hooked On Friday. Just click here http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/03/12/hooked-on-cool-wall-decals/


5 Comments »

5 Responses to “Hooked On Indian Bead Work”

Nola @ the Alamo said...

Congrats to the winners! Did you buy yourself a sari while you were there? I remember a photo of you a while back in a sari. They are so beautiful, and look like they'd be comfortable as well. I can tell you had a great time; welcome back home!

antigoni said...

I can't believe it! I won! I won!
Thank you so much Tamara. It's a great feeling.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am visiting via H.O.H. Great post!

I hope you'll stop by for a visit, I am hosting a giveaway.

Maya@Completely-Coastal said...

The saris are just so impressing..., love the table runners too.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

We have about 8 Indian families living in our neighborhood and I love their clothes and jewelry. When the women walk down the street together in their brightly colored saris, you can't help but stop and stare. I love the beading that is, as you pointed out, gorgeous!