Thursday, March 19, 2009

Hooked on Hiking



There are so many things to be Hooked on these days.......you could be hooked on travelling.......or hooked on houses........today, I'm hooked on something a little different. I'm Hooked on Hiking! Hiking is not only good for you but it's also a way of spending some seriously quality time together as family, admiring the beauty of nature and the wonders of creation! It's a Beautiful Life when you can spend time enjoying the small things in life like......


resting on the top of a steep cliff......

a rocky cragg......

an old dried out tree trunk......

a pile of horse poo.......
an immense blue sky.......
standing on the edge.......
finally reaching the top......

stopping for a rest on the way back down........
And getting your reward at the end of the journey! Sorry that I didn't take a picture of this beautiful Chocolate Lava cake before I started eating it but I was anticipating it sooooo much at the end of the hike that I dug in and forgot to take a picture :)

Now, if there is anyone out there who has not yet figured out that the Big Guy and I are COMPLETE opposites.......here's a photo to prove it! You can imagine that we always fight over the temperature control in the car with this kind of extreme difference in cold tolerance.


After our wonderful hike we hopped in the pool down at the Village for a 3 hour long soak in the 94 degree healing mineral waters. Even though we are only a few hours south of Vancouver, Canada, we managed to get a sun burn today, believe it or not!

It sure is a BEAUTIFUL LIFE! To see more ideas on how to make this "A Beautiful Life" just stop on by The Inspired Room where you'll get lots of great ideas! Click here http://theinspiredroom.net/2009/03/20/getting-organized-stylish-ideas/


Now, if you want to see what sort of things everyone else is Hooked On, just pop over to Julia at Hooked on Houses and check it out. Click here http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/03/19/hooked-on-toile/


12 Comments »

12 Responses to “Hooked on Hiking”

curtissann said...

What magnificent scenery! You give me the urge to get hooked on hiking. I do love to walk.

once in a blue moon... said...

it is a beautiful life, you seem to live each day to the fullest, from work to play~

that cliff sitting pic looked spooky, i hope its trick photography!

Nola @ the Alamo said...

Well, I wouldn't be hiking with you, but I'd meet you in the tub for the mineral soak, it sounds so relaxing. Love the photo of you bundled up and Big Guy bare chested, haha!

Tootsie said...

hey girl...you still coming this way next week?

Pam Kersting said...

It sure looks like a great day to me! Long hike, sweet desserts & a long soak!

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love that you forgot to take a photo of the dessert before digging in--that's exactly what I would've done! :-)

Also got a kick out of the photo of the two of you walking--one with a coat, one without a shirt. Ha.

Tootsie said...

it is exciting to think you could be within driving distance! I dread the photos of your greenhouse...it makes me so jealous and worried to see the pro's work...lol
if I can swing a trip to Edmonton, I will ....not sure what the heck is going on here yet. My husband may be coming home that day....but you never know...we may just see you!

Tootsie said...

hey pretty girl...I hope you are travelling safely to Alberta today!!! and I mean SAFELY.... we are having a horrible big storm here...even have warnings out ...if it keeps up, I for sure won't be making it to see you on Tuesday!!!!!!!
can we schedule you to come to Red Deer next time? Do you ever tour Dentooms? I live about one minute from there....yea, I gaze at it all the time! lol

Norma said...

where is that? could use a little warmth......spring is so late this year!!!

Gayle said...

Wow! How beautiful! I agree, I am hooked on hiking, too. It is such a wonderful family activity!

antigoni said...

Beautiful family moments.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

That is a beautiful life, yes it is!