Sunday, March 22, 2009

Extreme Metamorphosis!


I've been gone from the greenhouse for so long now that I was completely shocked when I realized what immense changes have been taking place while we were away. Talk about a METAMORPHOSIS!

Here's the greenhouse in February, when we're just getting ramped up with planting. Cuttings are getting stuck, plants are getting pinched and hung.........

And now today, almost every square inch of the place is full with blooming plants. There are wall to wall geraniums, wall to wall hanging baskets, we're running out of places to put things........what a fun time of the year!

I can't wait to see these Cineraria's go to market in a couple of weeks.......aren't they looking just FABULOUS?! Kudo's to the growers :)

Now, although I'm on my way to Alberta today to do another seminar, I really wanted to share pictures of what things are looking like around here. It is always an enormous change going from competely empty to completely full in 2 months time. I figured that Metamorphosis Monday was a perfect day to show you how amazing it is to watch a spring crop grow. If you want to check out more Metamorphosis, just click here http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/03/welcome-to-10th-metamorphosis-monday.html
Check out Between Naps on the Porch for all the amazing metamorphosis going on!


16 Comments »

16 Responses to “Extreme Metamorphosis!”

susan said...

Wow! All those plants make me GIDDY! Too early here for planting, but I am itching to get my hands dirty! Thanks for an inside look!

Deb said...

All those plants have me wheres I can't wait to make my mad dash to the Garden Center. Deb

Cass said...

Oh my gosh, those plants look fabulous. We are at least 6 weeks away from safe planting time here, but ... oh dear, your pictures make me long to get my hands on flats and pots and more flats....

Bring on spring!
Thanks... Cass

Mrs. G said...

Now that is a Metamorphosis! How exciting for you to come home and see all this. I always thought it would be fun to have a greenhouse at home. Then I remembered how lazy I am and decided to keep buying my plants from a real green house. I can't imagine all the work involved in a house like yours. Absolutely gorgeous, thanks for giving us a peak into greenhouse life.

once in a blue moon... said...

i just love seeing your gh, makes me smile inside~

"Blossom" said...

Can't wait to see it in full bloom.
How awesome. I want one of everything.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wonderful post, Tamara! I love seeing all those plants!!

A Hint of Home said...

I can't wait to start planting some fresh flowers. Beautiful plants and post.

Cathy said...

This is my first visit to your Greenhouse, wow I want one! It is going to be fun to watch everything grow. I am in zone 5 and it is still pretty chilly around here, but I am ready. Have a safe trip... Cathy

Tootsie said...

That's it!!!! I just cannot be friends with you anymore!!!! lol (just kidding) I am GREEN with envy!!!! I can't even get into the garden centers here yet...thanks for the peek....I wish I had that kind of space! 12x20 feels a little mickey mouse now...crap...you are so not good for my ego today!!! lol
sorry I can't see you in the city this week....HE is coming home and the kids need to see him...he's been gone since early Feb...next time for sure!!!!!!
now...I am taking my bruised ego out to the greenhouse to plant my hanging baskets....gotta keep up with the Jansen's! lol

travel safe my friend!

Chandy said...

Wow, wow! Lovely plants!!!

Happy Monday!

rosecottagegardensandfarm said...

What a sight for these dreary Minnesota eyes!! How I would love to fill my gardens and porches with even a bit of these!! Thanks for sharing the extreme metamorphosis.

Happy travels!
Debbykay at Rose Cottage Gardens and Farm

Nola @ the Alamo said...

You've got to be one of the luckiest ladies on the planet to be surrounded by all those lovelies, especially the geraniums!

antigoni said...

It's so beautiful to live among flowers. It must be very refreshing.

Pam Kersting said...

What a fun business to be in! I love it! How far away to you ship your plants?

susan said...

Tamara--Thanks for your comment. I visited and saw your video! "our" bridesmaids dresses are a very similar color. Would love to know about the bouquets. And yes, your daughter does look like an angel..beautiful.