Friday, February 13, 2009

What?! Roses?! For Me?! I'm Hooked on Roses




Here I am, imprisoned in my home office, a.k.a. the living room, working hard on updating our Employee Handbook. What a painfully, boring job! So many details to confirm. So many government rules to conform to. So here I sit, trying to make sure Darvonda is in compliance. I've got my coffee and my Joshua Bell CD playing romantic music in the background. Coffee and violin music make this an almost bearable job UNTIL......



The Big Guy comes bounding up the front steps, bursts through the front door and hands me.........THESE GORGEOUS BABIES! Sniff, sniff. Sob, sob. That's so romantic honey........sweetheart?........where'd you go?! He left so quick, I'm not sure I gave him a thank you kiss. I'm sure he doesn't mind though because he does everything so efficiently........a kiss would have been a bit prolonged, don't you think?



Wow, these are gorgeous! You might think that being in the flower business makes you jaded and cynical about getting flowers as a gift but I can assure you......I swoon when I get flowers! I wish I had a florist shop because then maybe I could get my fill of cut flowers one day :)


Well, enough day dreaming and mush romance stuff. Thus ends this brief romantic moment at my place. Back to work everyone. Those roses won't get my wash done for me!


Now, if you're looking for any further things that you can get hooked on today, just check out http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/02/12/hooked-on-valentines-day/ where everyone's hooked on SOMETHING!


11 Comments »

11 Responses to “What?! Roses?! For Me?! I'm Hooked on Roses”

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Nothing more romantic than roses... How sweet..
Happy Valentine's Day !!
hugs ~lynne~

Rosa said...

What a sweet heart!

Nola @ the Alamo said...

How sweet of hubby. There's just nothing in the world like fresh cut flowers; they are one of the few splurges I will indulge in when money is tight; I consider them "floral therapy". Have a Happy Valentine's Day...

Gigi said...

Aww, so sweet!

Good luck with the Employee Handbook :)

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Awwwwww. Lucky gal!!

marina said...

Happy Valentine day Tamara! We didn't use to celebrate this day cause we believe that love must be "in the air" everyday and not only on 14th of February. Things changed for us on 14th February 1995 when I gave birth to my oldest daughter! We celebrate every year since then!!!

once in a blue moon... said...

what a sweet post, loved the finale~

antigoni said...

These roses are gorgious. I love roses. Are they for Valentine's day or the Big Guy brings you flowers often? In Orthodox church we celebrate the love day in February 13th. A couple, Aquilas and Priscilla, were married and very much in love. They were Apostoles and in the end of their lives they had tragic death (beheaded) for the love of Jesus. So they became martyrs, too.

Rue said...

Awww.... what a sweet hubby!

I hope the wash was magically done and you had a romantic Valentine's Day :)

rue

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Pretty roses! I've done a handbook before and it took days! Crazy, stupid stuff in it too!
I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!
-Kim

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

There's nothing like flowers to brighten the day, is there?

That handbook sounds like a LOT of work. Good luck with it! :-)