Monday, February 9, 2009

The Way We Were

I was busy browsing through my photos this weekend and I happened upon these old photos of Darvonda as it was in 1987. We were just married and the Big Guy was working for his Dad in the existing 30,000 square foot greenhouse. He was a mere 23 years old and I was just 19. We were so in love and so.........young.




Here's the SAME property a short 5 years later. We had expanded a whole lot in that short time, as you can see. We used up every inch of land, growing plants in every nook and cranny.





Here's the same property now with no further room for expansion. Ya' gotta love progress!
Pretty soon we'll have all these greenhouses full of spring plants ready to ship to market. Talk about METAMORPHOSIS.......



Check out Between Naps on the Porch to see other Metamorphosis. Just click here http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/2009/02/welcome-to-fourth-metamorphosis-monday.html


17 Comments »

17 Responses to “The Way We Were”

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Awesome! Wishing you many more years of success!!

Nola @ the Alamo said...

Wow, you guys have made progress! Congrats! Is that you in the early photo? Too cute!!! I do so wish you were close enough to visit; I'd love to see your operation in person.

French Cupboard said...

Incredible growth. Obviously, you are doing something right. Way to go. Praying for your continued success and further growth. Steve -French Cupboard

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What an operation..wishing you many more years.. thanks for the visit yesterday..I sure appreciate it.. hugs ~lynne~

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wonderful pictoral history Tamara!

DesignTies said...

Now THAT is a transformation!
Victoria (one half of DesignTies)

CurtissAnn said...

Inspiring. Thanks for sharing your great work and success!

Saucy said...

It must be so fulfilling to see the growth of your plants and your business! Congratulations!

~CC Catherine said...

Wow.......Congrats! This is a huge greenhouse! My husband would love to build me a small one someday. ;) ~CC Catherine

mbkatc230 said...

Congratulations! Looks like you have built a wonderful business here. And it's something that you obviously love, good for you! Kathy

DesignTies said...

I love walking through greenhouses, especially in the spring when they're full of colourful flowers :-) I could spend hours just wandering around, soaking in all the scents and colours :-)

I'd love to see pics of the inside of your greenhouse.

Thanks for checking out my Met Monday post :-)

Kelly

antigoni said...

You were so young when you got married. That's why you still are so beautiful and young. You've done miracles over the years. Good job!

Janet said...

Wow, that's so amazing...so neat to see! I worked for 6 years at Darvonda starting in December of 1987. I'm sure I wouldn't recognize the place anymore. The Lord has blessed Darvonda...may it please Him to continue doing so!

Rue said...

Hi Tamara :)

Holy smokes that's huge! You must be excited for spring :)

Happy birthday to your sis!

Oh and opera diva's voice? Magnificent!

rue

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Tamara, Wow...that is quite an expansion! So glad to see a business doing well in this crazy economy...wishes for a great upcoming season! Susan

nikkicrumpet said...

WOW you've come a long way in a very short time! I would love working in a greenhouse. I adore plants and gardening and I'd feel like I was a kid in a candy store!!!

momofcrt said...

That is amazing!!
And WOW do you ever look like your mom in that first picture!!!