Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Something to Dream About



I really should stop dropping in to visit blogs because.......well........there are so many wonderful blogs out there that entice you to dream, and dream big.......REAL big!

For example, I stopped by Cote de Texas at http://cotedetexas.blogspot.com/ and saw some very exciting pictures of AFRICA! Yes, yesterday's blog was all about an African Safari and some of the amazing places you could stay while on safari.

Now, I'm not much into camping and roughing it but I think I could handle THIS tent.......or this picnic lunch......perhaps this tent dwelling would be more suitable..........and this outdoor bathroom wouldn't be too rough, I think..........but I think this location would be my favorite!

So, I'm going to have to think of some way to convince the Big Guy that there's a Safari in his future travel plans. All I have to do is find a way that we can rustle up some sort of business venture while we're out there. It may take some creative thinking but I'm up for the challenge.

If you want to dream along with me, just Google the Sasakwa Lodge and the Grumeti Reserve, Sabra tented camp. A girl's gotta dream, right ladies?!


11 Comments »

11 Responses to “Something to Dream About”

Rosa said...

Well if you can't convince the Big Guy. . . .
I'm here for ya! lol
I've always been facinated by Africa and I I too am a big wuss when it comes to 'roughing it' this would be the way I would chose to go!!
Isn't it great that dreaming is free and the internet allows you to see so many things we otherwise would never know about?
The sun's shining, it's going to be 7C and if I lived just a little closer I'd drop by for tea and a greenhouse fix.
Miss you. . . :)

antigoni said...

Dreaming is fine. And these tents are great. I'd like to go for safari one day.

Tamara Jansen said...

Hey, have you gone to Hooked on Houses for the Home-a-Rama week? Check out Monday's house......I drooled so much that my keyboard won't work anymore :)

Beth's Blog said...

The last one is my favorite too! I love that beautiful light fixture hanging down. :)

SCREAMING FOR CHOCOLATE said...

Wow... how rich do you have to be to get luxury digs like that on a safari?

Coco

Pam Kersting said...

Oh! I so enjoyed your post -- Calgon, take me away!!! It's funny, because I just posted a lion on my own blog. Come see it!

Cote de Texas said...

Hey funny girl! thanks so much for this! Too sweet. If you go, let me know, I'll meet you there. I still can't get over the wedding. I'm getting ready to show my best friend that post.

sassy studio said...

the african tents lokk great, aren't greenhouse kinda like big tents? all you would need are a few zebras and you could bring africa to you!
ps - my big sis lives in new west
pps - i find everything to do with greenhouses facinating, we have a place called dutch growers here in saskatoon and it is hot all year round top brand hot bags, shoes, clothes and greens, even a pumpkin maze in fall free for kids and school groups - a few gals and I lunch there on Fridays. it doesn't look nearly as big as your business.....do you have a business site?

sassy studio said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Laura and Colin said...

I don't know how authentic that kind of roughin' it in Africa is but if you come out our way, Colin and I will take you on a real camping/canoeing trip around the beautiful great lakes. The "roughin' it" part will do you good and with all the right gear you won't be missing a thing :) It feels so invigorating to be in the wild and so close to nature...ya just gotta try it!

once in a blue moon... said...

that top pic...be still my heart, my idea of heaven~ my neighbors went on safari last year, same fab pics too. yep, i think you need to work your big guy for a little safari in your future, heck you just did disney, you already know what you are in for!