Thursday, February 19, 2009

"My Fair Lady" Fantasy Party Theme


I just love beautiful things. In fact, I'm HOOKED on beautiful things. Being in the flower business is so much fun because I'm surrounded by beautiful things every day of the year. But it's what you can DO with flowers that is the most FUN and INSPIRING! Life is just so much better with flowers in it, don't you think? They really make life more BEAUTIFUL.

Last night I was sitting with the girls watching my favorite movie, My Fair Lady which starts my most favorite actress, Audrey Hepburn. She has such grace and charm, the sort that's not easy to find in the world today.



Once the movie was over........I got to thinkin! Uh oh, It's never a good thing when Tamara has time to THINK!

Anyway, I got to thinkin', wouldn't it just be a hoot to have a "My Fair Lady" themed party?! I mean, imagine how beautiful you could set the tables if you went with a black and white theme, just like in the movie! You could incorporate crystal CHANDELIERS..........or lovely lacey WHITE UMBRELLASoh no, wait, BLACK UMBRELLAS.......Orchids would be a must..........candles could set the mood just perfectly.

I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight, I'm so excited about my idea for a party! This would make a GREAT wedding theme too........too bad Opera Diva's only 16 because I'm in the mood to organize a big shindig :)

Now, I found these gorgeous pictures on a fantastic Event Design website from Isreal that you really should check out for yourself. Just click on http://www.elkijacobs.com/category_page.asp?id=37 for some more gorgeous inspiration.

Also, don't forget to go over to Hooked on Houses to see what everyone else is hooked on today. Click here http://hookedonhouses.net/2009/02/19/hooked-on-dutch-doors/

Or, you should pop by The Inspired Room to check out how to be inspired at her BEATIFUL LIFE party. Click here http://theinspiredroom.net/


12 Comments »

12 Responses to “"My Fair Lady" Fantasy Party Theme”

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Gorgeous post, Tamara. Sounds like a fabulous party idea!!

Rue said...

Hi Tamara :)

Beautiful pictures!! You are so lucky to be surrounded by beautiful flowers all day :)

rue

Miss Sandy said...

Flowers do indeed lend beauty to ones life! I love the party idea!

Suzy said...

Love the pics of one of my favorite movies. The flowers are lovely, great ideas!!!

Christy said...

Gorgeous! What a wonderful idea for a party!

Anonymous said...

Poor opera diva, she has no idea what she has coming to her :P Maybe I should warn her about getting married here :P I see destination wedding in her future.

momstheword said...

Hey, girl throw your own party! Spring is coming and that's a good enough excuse for me, lol!

Tootsie said...

I love the photos! Oh how I wish I could come and see your operation in person...one day...you will be working away...and I will just show up in your gift shop...you are not that far away...lol
happy planning!!!

Rosa said...

Hmmm. . .
I've never seen that movie.
Maybe we need to have a movie watching party?!
Want to come? :)

Nola @ the Alamo said...

When I saw your title, I thought "she watched it, too" knowing you must have seen MFL when it aired the other night. Wasn't she (and Grace Kelly) just the epitome of class? Too bad they don't have more actresses like that.

Fifi Flowers said...

GORGEOUS! LOVE parties! THe party decor is SPECTACULAR! Love the movie too!

Gayle said...

Cool idea!