Thursday, February 26, 2009

Hooked on Keepin' It Fun!


I'm excited today because it's Friday........and you know what that means........that means it's time to reveal our music video that we've been working on for the last few weeks. We've been pretty much HOOKED on this project for a month now and it's been a lot of fun!


I know, you're thinking "Why is she making a music video if she's in the greenhouse business?".


Just in case you didn't already realize from reading my blog, I have to tell you "We're not a normal greenhouse at Darvonda!". We do things different so that we stand out from the crowd and, trust me, there are no other greenhouses out there making MUSIC videos for training purposes. Training people is a tough job so we try to make things easy........and this video is a perfect example of how we are going to teach our people out in the garden centers that WATERING is THE MOST IMPORTANT job they will ever do during the day. Let's face it, we don't buy the plants that are wilted and dead. We know that they won't do well in the garden. So........I'm being pro active and training everyone to "Get That Hose and Just Spray!".


Oh, and just a warning.......there is a glitch in the video somewhere around the end where you can hear us girls laughin' and talkin' away which needs to be removed from the final version.......we're working hard on fixing the problem :)


The other thing I like about Friday's is the fact that it's "A Beautiful Life" Friday where we get to share what things really matter to us in life and I have to tell ya' that my FAMILY really matters to me. They bring me so much JOY and LOVE.......well, you just have to see how much fun we had making the video to see why.





Don't forget to check out A Beautiful Life Friday by clicking here


and then pop over to Hooked on Friday's by clicking here


32 Comments »

32 Responses to “Hooked on Keepin' It Fun!”

Pam Kersting said...

Now, this is what I can FUN Friday!! It was fantastic! What a great place to work!

Anonymous said...

What are you selling?

Miss Sandy said...

This is beautiful living at its finest! What a beautiful and fun memory you made in making the video! Too fun!

Anonymous said...

That was too fun, i loved it. You girls were great.
Adalia

momofcrt said...

HAHA you are way too funny , I love it!!

Kimm at Reinvented said...

Great video, you should go on tour!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today and leaving such a nice comment. I hope you come back soon!

lvroftiques said...

Hi Tamara!! You are just too creative girlfriend! That was so much fun!! I bet ya'll had a blast making it! Thanks for stopping by my place for a visit...I'm off to catch up with your blog...Oh by the way girlfriend you looked great! I thought ya'll were sisters at first!*winks* Vanna

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

Of course! You have a very musical clan there! I would think singing to the plants would be quite nurturing for them.
Brenda

Nola @ the Alamo said...

Too cute! I do so wish Darvonda were closer, looks like you guys are really into your work!

Gayle said...

You are so creative! What fun!

Rosa said...

I LOVE it!
What a hoot!
Your gonna blow 'em away at the training session.
And the competitors. . .
well they'll just have their now boring 'game show'
(Hope they aren't reading this!!)
lol

Shelia said...

Hi Tamara! I couldn't see the video but I could hear lots of singing and I think y'all were having fun! :)
Be a sweetie and thanks for popping in to see me today!
Shelia ;)

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

That is a great idea! I love training videos that could air on MTV!

Hope everything else is good with you! Have a great weekend! :)
Carrie

Holly said...

That was funny, and well done!
Thanks for stopping by today!

Evelyn in Canada said...

When I send my daughter to work for you, can I come to? That looks like an awesome place to work. What a fun video!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

You are the cutest Mom EVER!!!!!!
I watched every minute of both videos. LOVED the synchronized umbrellas, the slow-mo portions, and the clever lyrics.
And as if that weren't enough...you still have your teenage body.
Simply adorable!

PamperingBeki said...

Oh how cute!!

My 8 yr old daughter would LOVE this.

Chandra said...

Looks like you gals had a lot of fun working together on this!

PS I finally updated my blog...people were starting to nag... (hahaha) :o)

Colleen said...

Haha! That's awesome!
And no, your heels probably don't meet WCB standars LOL!

antigoni said...

Excellent job!!!! You really are professionals. All of you. The three singers and the producer, too. Who was behind the camera? Great work.
You know, in Orthodox church we have St.Tamara and her name day celebration is on May 1st.

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Don't you dare take out the talking and laughing. I love it!! :)

Jen - Balancing beauty and bedlam said...

You are WAY Too fun of a mom. It sure keeps us young, doesn't it?

In reference to the cooking with kids. I know what you mean. I'm contemplating doing a separate aspect of my blog on just meals that kids can cook on their own with step by step instructions and videos. Kind of a 2009 challenge to see if I can have my kids cook 3 days a week. It would mean a lot of me training them up front but it may be helpful to others (as well as myself.) I'll have to see fi there's interest. Probably a lot of newly weds could use it too..I could have. :)

Mary Beth said...

What fun!

Anonymous said...

that girl on the guitar is wikid awsusum!!;)

Mrs. B. said...

that is soooo cute! I love this!

dowhatyoulove said...

Well I wish my internet was fast enough to watch the video! Looks like too much fun! Thats great that you guys do things differently, thats the only way to go. Keep having fun!

CurtissAnn said...

What fun! You put me in mind of the Beatles music videos-- especially the conveyor belt scene. Dear Hubby informed me what song the music went with. He enjoyed your video, too. You are sooo talented!
xxxooo

The Berry's Patch said...

That was hilarious! You are such a fun lady!

once in a blue moon... said...

i just LOVED that, a total crack up, thanks for the smiles! sadly, i am going to be bopping around spewing just spray, the rest of the day!

Gigi said...

I'm off to get my hose and just SPRAY!

Oh wait, there's snow on the ground. Maybe tomorrow??

Muddy Boot Dreams said...

Tamara, what a great video! How creative are you, this is going to stick in the minds of all your staff. Love it!

Nice to have you drop by for a visit, and really wonderful to find out that you are from Darvonda.

Jen

Anonymous said...

ups sorry delete plz [url=http://duhum.com].[/url]