Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Are You A Plant Enthusiast?

My task for the week is to find and hire a number of people from here to Manitoba as merchandisers for our product this coming Spring. I need to find up to 3 people per major urban area that know their plants and can help us with care and maintenance at their local retail garden center. The candidates need to be flexible on what hours they can work since you never know when the sun is going to come out and dry the plants out. They need to be pleasant because they will be in contact with the public. But most importantly, they need to LOVE plants because it's gonna be BUSY out there!



So, here I sit, going through resume's, looking for just the right people to hire.......and my, my, my, there are a lot of resume's to go through. I can't BELIEVE how many people are out there are plant enthusiasts. How on earth am I going to get through all these resume's?????




Oh, look! Here's a good one. I'm gonna need someone with THIS qualification!



Hmmmm........this qualification could come in very handy as well during the busy spring rush. Maybe I could set up a bed in the fitness room and we could all get a deep tissue massage during those long nights that are sure to happen.


WHAT?! This person has a Bachelor of Music in Harp and Voice?!! Are you kidding me?!!! I will definately give this candidate a CALL!!!!





Now, this one will have to go in the "Thank you but I don't think so" file........
And this one is my favorite! I really want to meet this person. I've always wanted to know what goes into designing "Food Rubs".
Now, if you see your resume here, please give me a few days to sort through them all. I'll try get back to you within the week.
It's gonna be a loooooong week!


10 Comments »

10 Responses to “Are You A Plant Enthusiast?”

The W.O.W. factor said...

LOL! I think you should hire the Harp/Singer..
May be it's just what the plants would order on a Spring day to open their blooms and spread their spores!

Nola @ the Alamo said...

That job would be right up my alley, but the commute would kill me. If you guys ever expand to serve the Dallas area, let me know.

marina said...

Do you want to expand to...Greece? I'll be more than happy to be the official representative of the Greenhouse! This would be a good excuse for you to come here!

SCREAMING FOR CHOCOLATE said...

Even though it doesn't pay well I have always thought the two best jobs to have would be working in a greenhouse and digging in the dirt and working in a video rental store and watch movies all day...lol.. but I would starve on those wages.

Coco

Reader Wil said...

I am afraid I am no plant enthusiast any more. I used to like gardening, but now a real gardener prunes my bushes and cleans my backyard. In spring he puts the geraniums in pots and other easy plants, because I am often away for five or six weeks, then the neighbours look after my plants.

Reader Wil said...

The palmtrees you see on the photos of Australia are in NorthQueensland, where the climate exactly is like that of Papua New Guinea and Indonesia.The distance between the far north of Australia and the very south is as far as Canada and one of the warmer states of the USA. The temperature is 40 degrees Centigrade where my daughter lives at this moment. Not a climate for me.The people overthere have never seen snow in their lives.

Kim said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog today. I've enjoyed visiting your greenhouse and "the plumber" is very talented. Maybe he should be the new Eddie. That bathroom had a lot of style.

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

We have always been in the constucton business and some of the resumes we've seen are scary!

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Looks like you have some great choices. LOL I wonder how they feel about dirty fingernails and a little sweat!! I am so.. ready to get out into my garden.

Train Wreck said...

I could do it, but I live in the boondocks! I love all my little and big plant family! Good luck with your search?