Wednesday, January 7, 2009

So THAT'S Where My Scrapbooks Are!

Some of you may have noticed that I have a little bit of an obsession with photos. I've been clicking pictures for 21 years now. It started when I first met the Big Guy. He had a beautiful camera with fancy lenses and all! I was hooked immediately. I never got good at it.........but it was the beginning of an addiction to scrapbooking. As a matter of fact, I started scrapbooking long before it was the in thing to do! There were no such things as punches, cutters, stencils or acid free paper. I just used plain tape, black felt marker and good old fashioned scrapbooks from the art store.

Yesterday I was looking all over the place for my scrapbooks, as part of my emergency exit plan for all my photos. They were nowhere to be found, not under the stairs, not in my closet, not in the attic. I was just beside myself, trying to figure out where they went. No one had seen them since the summer.

This morning when I woke up, I found that we were having a few flooding issues in our little "goat barn" out back. You can check out what our goat barn looked like before the flood in the following link:




All the snow has finally started to melt but the water has nowhere to go since all the drains are blocked. I couldn't believe how much water had actually gotten inside but, it is a goat barn, so I guess I shouldn't really expect it to be completely water tight, right? The entire floor was an covered in an inch of ice cold water! What exactly the BIKE is doing in here is beyond me. Don't bikes belong in the SHED?


Oh my, my, my! Look at all of this water?! How on earth am I going to clean this up? Uh oh, what is in this box? Can you believe it??!! My lost scrapbooks were stored in the goat barn! What a stroke of luck that someone had put them on top of the piano bench instead of on the floor! I hope they aren't wet!



They don't appear to be moist. Oooooooh! Look at these passport pictures I had taken of my kiddo's when they were little! Aren't they just adorable? And here's Mini Me at her birthday wearing her princess fairy costume........and Junior dressed in his Austrian woodsman costume......I'm so glad I was addicted to scrapbooking from a young age. How else would I be able to have so many beautiful memories safely stored away for me to enjoy once in a while?




My poor kids have had to bare with my many Photo Shoots that I organized over the years. Look at these precious shots of them all dressed up for my annual Christmas Card photo session. Here's Danny Boneduce when he still loved his Cello........Isn't he just the most precious looking thing? Here he is now, suffering a little bit of a love/hate relationship with his full sized, 200 year old Cello that requires many hours of practice these days........I think I like him better when he's little..........oooooooh, look at those adorable cheeks!


I hope that cleaning up the flood in the goat barn doesn't hold me back from my most imporant New Year's resolution. I've got a lot of work to do yet, to get all my photos printed and backed up. Maybe I'll get Danny Boneduce to work on cleaning it up
SPECIAL NOTE: Costco photos are BY FAR superior in quality to Walmart, just in case you're interested. Thanks to Plumber Boy for the tip!!!! You 'da man!


9 Comments »

9 Responses to “So THAT'S Where My Scrapbooks Are!”

marina said...

Ow Tam! You're something else!!! How did you manage to transform the flooding of the goat barn to a...flooding of happy memories with your kids? Is this water really from the melting snow or they are tears from your eyes as you're looking at your kids'photos from the earlier years?

Rosa said...

I had printed pictures at Walmart once.
Now I have them done at London Drugs. More expensive but worth it.
I'm gald you found you scrapbooks!
To bad about the water in the goat barn though. . .
It's -18C with a rather stiff breeze this morning and I'm on my way out the door to walk Jada.
Hope that makes you feel a bit better! :)
Miss you.

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

Oh wow! Well, so are you happy about the flood, so at least you could locate your missing scrapbooks? No fun! Good luck cleaning it all up! :)
Carrie

Darlene said...

I am so glad you found all your scrapbooks. It looks like a mess though that you are gonna have to clean up...yuck!

nikkicrumpet said...

Thank goodness that box was off the floor!! Can you imagine the heartbreak if those precious photos had been in the water. I think having pictures backed up on a disc is a great idea. Also having the blog to store pictures on is really nice..it's just one more place that keeps your pictures safe! Cute boots by the way!

Dawn said...

Thanks for coming by to visit me today. I'm glad you did. I am enjoying your blog.

Oh, how lucky that your photos were spared the water damage!! That would have been heartbreaking.

You've reminded me that I have to get my photos printed and backed up. That job seems almost too big to tackle!

take care,
Dawn

CurtissAnn said...

Thank goodness all those precious memories are safe! What a gift. You are a wonderful photographer, too. Such patience to both take them and put the prints in books. Thanks for the tip about Walmart. I use Kodak online, and I'm not thoroughly satisfied. I shall try others to see.

CurtissAnn

Chandra said...

Totally depends on the stores, Tamara...my local Walmart and Costco labs are totally equal in quality...Costco is just cheaper! But if I want one-hour, Walmart's the way to go...

dowhatyoulove said...

Flooding is tough, especially when it hits drywall.... ich. I saw one of your scrapbook pages said Leavenworth. I love that town, Bernie and I were thinking about moving there, and went to Winthrop instead (north in the cascades). You guys get around with the travels!