Thursday, December 11, 2008

Your Garland is Showing!


I'm so excited! I stumbled on to a fabulous website that is hosting a Garland Show.......it makes my heart go pitter patter checking out all the amazing ideas that all you artistic people out there come up with. Make sure you check it out for some great decorating ideas by clicking here: http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/2008/12/your-garland-is-showing.html


So far, I've got none of my own Christmas decorations up that I can show you but I do have some favorite photos of garlands and things that I took this season during my espionage/research /comparative shopping trips this year.
Just in case you are stopping in at my blog for the first time today, let me explain that during the month of December I have to drag myself out to the garden centers, home decor shops and florists in my yearly quest for NEXT YEAR'S poinsettia planter design. I seek out the best new styles and color trends in christmas decor. Once I see what's "in" I start to work with the manufacturers in the orient to create a number of exclusive containers that I will eventually show to the buyers at various big box retailers.




In my travels this season I saw this fabulous garland at a local garden center..........I fell in love with this gorgeous wreath that I found at an amazing florist in down town Vancouver.........then there was this wonderful christmas tree that I wish I could have taken home...........

I hope I can get my decorations up by next week, once we finish shipping our poinsettias to market............and I finish checking out all the amazing ideas at the Nesting Place! If you like decorating ideas, you've got to check this site out this weekend.


13 Comments »

13 Responses to “Your Garland is Showing!”

Bugs and Sunshine said...

that blue and silver is stunning!

Kim Layton said...

Wow!! I love the blue decorations! I have blue and green in my house and I would love to pluck some things out of that garland!
Merry Christmas!
-Kim

Rachel said...

Your post title made me laugh!
I agree the Nesting place is amazing!! So many great ideas be had there. :)

Lynne said...

These photos were full on inspriation. I espcecially loved the wreath and mercury topiary..thanks for the tour.
hugs ~lynne~

CurtissAnn said...

You've given me an idea for next year-- go scout to inspire me and get me in the mood for doing my own home. I needed that this year, but I'm passed it, it isn't happening here...so I enjoy the photos of others decorating. :) Thanks!

CurtissAnn

Beth's Blog said...

I love the blue and silver, so pretty! :)

Chris said...

Oh my gosh. Every single picture was just stunning. That garland that that wreat--my favorite. Show us your Christmas decor, show us your Christmas decor! No pressure. :)

Gina @ Six in the Country said...

I (heart) that blue display -- the Eiffel Tower caught my eye right away! Breathtaking!

Rosa said...

Looking forward to seeing how you decorate at home.
:)

Kathy said...

WOW! All of the decorations are amazing, but I gotta say that the BLUE is out of this world! LOVE IT!

Paula said...

I love the wreath! I'm so not at that level and never will be! Yikes just scares me thinking about it. But I did get inspired by all of these pictures. Thanks

Femin Susan said...

Hi......
Your blog is really interesting... Keep posting....Good Luck...Welcome to my blog... Wishing you in advance "A Merry X'Mas and A Happy New Year''

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi! Thanks for coming by my blog for a visit! I enjoyed your browsing your blog! And thanks for the sharing the inspiration that you did today! Hope you will drop in again, soon! :) ~Rhonda