Wednesday, December 10, 2008

We've Been Robbed!


Ok, things are just getting ridiculous around here! Can you believe that someone walked into our place today in the middle of the day and just picked up whatever was in plain sight and then........just walked off?!! Is that OUTRAGEOUS or what?!



It's not the first time, mind you. Over the 20 years that we've lived in this town we've had a lot of things stolen. One year it was our motorhome.........another year it was our mercedes..........they've taken computers..........digital cameras.............skill saws...........and even a ride on lawn mower.You name it, we've had it stolen.
Some years are better than others but, today, our luck ran out. WE (and 5 other greenhouses in our area) GOT HIT!


The robber walked right past our guard dogs, who acted more like this.........than a real guard dog!



He took our purses and keys and even helped himself to a car. Then he just drove off to go hit a neighboring greenhouse in exactly the same way.



Once we realized what happened we called in a few of these...........who came out in a couple of these.........and then wrote a report and told us to change our locks tonight.



So, I'm asking for everyone out there in blog land to keep their eyes open for a grey Astro van full of purses and stuff that's driven by a short, stocky guy with a Mohawk hair cut. If you see the culprit, please give him a piece of your mind for me, would ya? Let him know that his mother will be very disappointed with him when she finds out about this. I'm sure she'll wish she had paddled him more when he was a youngster so that he wouldn't have turned out to be such a rotten apple!


18 Comments »

18 Responses to “We've Been Robbed!”

momofcrt said...

Such a feeling of violation isn't it?
We were robbed when we were kids. We were pretty sure it was the neighbour boys, but could never prove it.
I hope they find the guy who did it.
Very brazen.

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

You know, I raised myself more than had anyone do it for me. And I knew very young that you just did not do this sort of thing to people. I don't know where these damned heathens come from. But I'm convinced they hide under rocks. If they caught them and cut a finger or two off, or even a hand as they do in some countries, perhaps it would be a deterrent. At least if they stole again, they'd have less hands to carry it off in.
Brenda

Tootsie said...

some people have no sense! I am sorry that happened to you!

marina said...

I was married for 13 months when we were robbed. They took everything they could carry in our pag: our collections of stamps and coins, a camera, jewellery that had a little value but were full of memories. The worst thing is that they were in the house when we came back and I still believe that we were extremely lucky that we didn't meet them at the stairs.Who knows what could happen...

Tootsie said...

me again--just got one of my seed catalogs in the mail...I was wondering...do you have seed catalogs? if you do...will you send me one?
also...why the heck is bacopa seed so darned pricey?
I do all my annuals from seed each year...I usually order seed from vesseys, and stokes...if you don't have seed books...do you have any suggestions on places to order seed? I so wish I could walk in your greenhouse...you are a lucky girl...well except for the "jerks" and by that I mean something far meaner...lol

Nancy-Mom said...

Wow, thaT WOULD SURE FREAK ME OUT AND HERE YOU'R BLOGGING ABOUT IT IN A humorous fashion !! I think I'd be a puddle of tears. I'll let you know if some strange purses show up here in Vernon :o)

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Wow, Tamara, I am so sorry to hear about this!

They just arrested a den of thieves in our neck of the woods. They were going to houses in broad daylight, taking what they wanted. They would knock on the door to see if anyone was home and when no one answered they'd break in. If someone answered they'd tell some story about a lost puppy or something. Some of the folks believe they saw some of their possessions on e-bay! At least fourteen homes were burglarized before they caught the culprits. We are told to expect more of this, because of the economy.

Tootsie said...

GIRL!!!!! does this mean I can order my seeds from a friend????????? if so let me know. I would love that!

Lynne said...

Oh gosh girl.. I'm so sorry.. I pray they find the guy and hang him at high noon...I'm glad no one was hurt..the violation has to feel tremendous... shame, shame, shame on him....I'm so glad you came by..I'll add you to my blog roll and would love for you to do the same if you desire..
hugs ~lynne~

Tootsie said...

okay! that is way too much of one thing for me! My bad...but at least I tried! lol....if I can support a friend I will over supporting a stranger! lol
thanks for answering me...now....how the hell do I get rid of aphids in my greenhouse? they moved in last spring and drove me to bitchiness for a long time to come...I had to throw away 30 trays of pansy and petunia because of the little buggers! any tips would be more appreciated than I could ever tell you!

Darlene said...

Oh gosh I am so sorry. That would be such a scary feeling to be robbed. I sure hope they find the scum that did it!

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, no! I'm sorry that this happened! It's an awful, feeling, I know. THough it's nothing compared to what happened to you, I've had my purse stolen before, in broad daylight. I do hope that they catch the person and you get your things back.

Saucy said...

Nooo!! And right before Christmas, too! Brazen is right. What is the world coming to?

CurtissAnn said...

I'm sooo sorry! I've had a couple of small robberies, one that really tore me up. I can't imagine so many as you've had.

I agree with Brenda, from the Pines. Very practical idea.

Prayers and blessings,
CurtissAnn

Beth's Blog said...

I am sorry that this happened! I hope that they find them.

Paula said...

I came over to see your garland and had to read on. Oh my what a shame! I will definitely look out for him with my paddle in hand!

Catherine Holman said...

That's really scary! Glad everyone is o.k.
Cathie

nikkicrumpet said...

That is so rotten! I hope they caught this guy and got some of your stuff back! I would be way to mad to have even been able to write this post! You handled it with a great deal of class and humor. Says alot about how strong you are!