Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh, the Memories We Make!


Where were you?! You missed the party everyone! Did we make too much noise for y'all yesterday? We did get a little loud after the egg nog and spiced rum started flowing....

How would we get it all done without all our peeps, like Plumber Boy here, who sure tosses a mean salad.......
.........Or Mrs H. who happily cooked a giant Turkey for our Teusday Darvonda dinner, which she had to eat all by herself after we canceled our party due to snow. Then, even though she was stuffed to the gills after 2 days of poultry bingeing, she still made sure that our order of Sweet and Sour Pork and Fried Rice arrived just in time for the Darvonda Luncheon!The ladies arrived all dressed up in their colorful finery......and we all enjoyed Samosa's, Pekorah, Nanaimo Bars, Almond Chicken, and a multitude of similarly exotic food choices......
What is this guy hiding behind that impish grin.......could he be cheating on his diet......or is he faithfully eating his dry lettuce as prescribed by his wife, my sister???!!!
The culinary delights were as culturally varied as the staff at Darvonda!Junior apparently was affected by drinking one bottle of Canadian beer and started a "Who's got the longest nose" contest.......
I WIN!!!!!!
Do you see this lovely outfit I'm wearing here? It comes all the way from India and I received this as a gift from all the girls in the greenhouse a few years ago. They know I'm a bit of a clothes horse so they picked this most amazing suit for me. It's all glittery and beady and it fits like a glove.......how did they guess my SIZE?!
See how the top is a bright, jewel toned blue and the pants are in a shade of my most favorite color green? Why don't we wear more colorful clothing in North America like they do in India? It must makes you feel happy to be around so much color......


The Big Guy couldn't keep me off his lap it seems. By the look on his face, he's feeling a bit embarrassed by this public show of affection :)
After dinner we handed out some very special Christmas Crackers for everyone at the party...The Big Guy enjoyed distributing them.......And we all enjoyed trying to open them up......
What is THIS inside my Christmas Cracker.......this can't be real......WAIT! It is REAL!!!!! Woohoo! I'm going to Costco to buy me a few more of these Christmas Crackers!!!!!
Not only did we all get a brown bill in every cracker but also we got these lovely hats.....
that I made EVERYONE wear......And pretty much everyone played along.......except my father and brother-in-law in the background there. Hey, where are your hats guys?!Oh, that's better! Thanks for joining in the fun everyone.
We also enjoyed a lively game of "steal the present" that got a little wild at times......


"No, no, no......don't take my gift......I want this one!!" Could these excited ladies be the same ones as the mild mannered women that work on our planting line???? I'm not so sure.



Look at us opening our gifts with wild abandon. I've received enough chocolate to feed an army. I think I may have to organize a few more christmas parties so I can use it all up somehow! Is anyone available for a chocolate fest in the next few days?

The party fun is over for the next little while but I wanted to leave you with dutch ditty, sung by George and his wife, to wish you all a very Merry Christmas!


Take it away George and wife........

video


15 Comments »

15 Responses to “Oh, the Memories We Make!”

Nancy-Mom said...

uh huh, we know where you inherited that snosh from, don't we :o)
Wow, you're right about all the color, lovely!!

Rosa said...

Yeah, you know I would have won if I was there!! lol
Look like lots of fun and that shade of green is one of my very favorite!

LovingLynden said...

Looks like fun Tam!
What a versatile place you have there - party central!
I have a banana box full of bracelets you could have worn with that outfit - I'm sure those ladies appreciated seeing you wear their gift!

Kim - ScrapToMyLu said...

looks like a great party! But wait.....the longest nose? Wouldn't you measure it from the bridge of your nose to the tip? :)

Melissa said...

It looks like a lot of fun..very colorful too! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Wow! What a gala! Looks wonderful!!

profenretraite said...

Wow! Looks like I missed a fun party! Thanks for stopping by my blog...Debbie

momofcrt said...

Does George V work for you, or does Hilly? I heard they moved to BC but I didn't realize they'd moved to work for you guys!
The party looks fun!
And Faith, I remember all those bracelets Budgie use to give you guys, so pretty.

marina said...

What a party!!! You had lots of fun and it looks like you're finally relaxed after all the work you had these last days! I'm happy for you! Thanks for the wishes and song - in what language was that?
Have you recieved your present from me? I'm a little anxious about where it might be...!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Tamara,
This party looks like it was amazing. I'm with you, I LOVE the colorful clothing worn by the East Indians. My Aunt married a man born and raised in India, who then moved to California for the rest of his life. I adored him. They traveled back to India to visit at least a few times and she owned many (Sorries)...I KNOW that's not the way to spell it, but...
I was sorry to hear of your burglary. What a stress that must have been and probably still is. I hope things are getting back to normal as best they can.
I also got a kick out of all the adorable pix of you and your hubby through the years. You two are adorable together.
And thanks for all the lovely photos of shops that you visited while traveling. Talk about eye-candy. Thanks for sharing them with us. : )
Merry Christmas!

mary beth said...

I love your recap and pictures....I almost felt like I was there.

Kasey Hunt said...

Thanks for stopping by. What a fun, colorful party. You're right. I'd love to wear bright colors like that. Merry Christmas.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Looks like I missed a great party ! Thank you for stopping by my blog.Merry Christmas.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh looks like you had a great time..What fun...Happy Holidays!
hugs ~lynne~

Anonymous said...

we missed partying with you this year, looks like a ton of fun.

Katherine