Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Christmas Tree Time



Don't you just love Christmas time?! Today we went to a tree farm to choose our christmas tree, even though it's the coldest day of the year. We made sure to dress warm for the trip. We tried to pick the perfect tree although the one we actually picked was a bit bare about a foot from the top. Once we had our tree we took a moment to warm up by the bonfire and have a nice hot cup of cocoa! If you're wondering who that is dressed in the belaclava........it's just Junior, trying to keep warm!




Once we got to our van, we realized that we may have gone a little over board. It was a bit of a challenge to get them in our vehicle but we persevered and finally got them in!


Even though I was excited to get going on decorating the tree, we first had to go to Bellingham to watch Junior and Danny Boneduce perform with the Lynden Chorus in their presentation of Handel's Messiah. Today the concert was in the St. Paul's Cathedral which was a beautiful church. Fortunately for me, Junior took my digital camera with him to get a few pictures for me to use on my blog. What a thoughtful young man, making sure that his mom had something to blog about! Doesn't it just look like a ton of fun, playing with a 70 member choir?!


Once we got back home, I decided that I just couldn't wait to get started on my tree.




I just LOVE christmas!


13 Comments »

13 Responses to “It's Christmas Tree Time”

Rosa said...

I love how your various garlands are strewn with carleless , abundant, abandon. It looks Fabulous!
My silver, wired, ribbon garland is carefully spiraled around the tree as evenly as possible.
Hmmm. . .
What do you think that says about me? lol

Tamara Jansen said...

The Big Guy feels I should re-do the tree to make it a bit more symmetrical :) Have I ever mentioned how much he likes it when things are symmetrical?!

Rosa said...

Yes, yes you have. . .
Poor guy.

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

I'm sort of one of those "symmetrical sorts." So is Robert. Does he also have to have his hangers all pointing in the same direction? We do.
Brenda

Lynne said...

You had me laughing out loud looking at the picture of the tree sticking out of the van..They always look a bit smaller when we cut them down don't they? I'm glad Jr. took his camera. How was the concert? The cathedral was beautiful..When you have a moment I have something over at my place for you.. Hope you're relaxing and enjoying your beautifully decorated tree..hugs ~lynne~

The Old Painted Cottage said...

I completely related to the fear of the tree not fitting in the back of the car...too funny!

PS ~ I like the tree and I think it has great character!

oxox
Jennifer

CurtissAnn said...

Each year that we went to cut our tree was always the most horrible weather. The day before might be beautiful, but tree-day, the weather would change. :) What lovely memories you made!

CurtissAnn

Gina @ Six in the Country said...

That snowman is dapper! How adorable!

Kim@ForeverWherever said...

Wow! What a tree! That must have been a fun ride home from the tree farm! It looks like you were having a picture perfect holiday season day! Don't you just love when the kids play music all the time? It makes me smile just to hear mine practice...most of the time! :)
Stay warm!

Darlene said...

Love that tree....it looks HUGE! I bet it was cold out there!!

Ma'dame French said...

Talk about a couple of good looking boys;) Thanks for popping in..now off to watch the video link you sent;) Hugs French

Southern Fried Gal said...

Coming to you from Kimba's holiday tour... What a fun post and great memories! The trees in the van cracked me up!

Sarah @ ThriftyDecorChick said...

That was a HUGE tree and turned out so pretty!! :)