Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm a Trucker's Widow This Week


It's the beginning of a new week and I'm finding myself feeling a little bit.......down.......sad.....alone........because the Big Guy is gone on a delivery to Winnipeg. He's doing the trip with along with my dad so that they can make it there in 24 hours, driving like a tag team. One driver sleeps while the other driver drives. At the appropriate time, they switch off and try to get a bit of shut eye. That means our plants get to their destination quicker. It also means that I'm a trucker's widow for the 48 hours or so. Sniff.....sniff.....sob!


Some of you might think that this is a wonderful opportunity for me to just let it all hang out. I get the WHOLE King sized bed all to myself.......no one to check on what I'm doing.......no one to bring a muffin and coffee to in the morning. You may think that I would really enjoy all that freedom, but you would be really, really wrong.




The Big Guy and I have been together now for over 20 years. We do everything together. As a matter of fact, we're pretty much inseperable. We're kind of like Fred and Wilma Rubble......Barbie and Ken.......Romeo and Juliet.......Homer and Marge Simpson.......Elizabether Taylor and Richard Burton.......Anthony and Cleopatra...........John and Yoko.......


I'm just as crazy about him today as the first time I laid eyes on him. There's nothing that makes me crazier than when he gets all dressed up.........
or when he gets all dressed down.............he's just "hot" no matter what he's wearing :)There is one tiny........little.......itty.......bitty thing that I wish he would change, though..........I wish he would be just a little bit senitmental. This is how things looked when he left me........First of all, he wasn't in a good mood about this whole trip to start with but you'd think he'd pay me a bit more attention during our last few moments together......Is this all you can muster for me before you go???!!!That's a little better.......Drive careful, sweety pie!


6 Comments »

6 Responses to “I'm a Trucker's Widow This Week”

Rosa said...

You poor thing. . .
I'll call you later. :)
I'M sentimental!( Henry's not)

The Berry's Patch said...

Oh, that's so sweet!

Shannon said...

I hope he gets home soon! Cute post!

Darlene said...

AWWWWW aren't y'all so sweet!!!! You can visit with your blogging sisters....we'll keep you company while he is gone!

marina said...

I know all your feelings veeeeeeeery well! When he's away the house looks empty! Something is missing, don't you think? But when he comes back I feel like we're in our honeymoon! And we're together since 1986!!! Awesome, ha???

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

I loved this post. I know when my DH is away on one of his fishing bubbies trip the house feels so empty. Even the dog looks sad. Happy Holidays. Being in the nursery business I know you will be glad when the holiday madness is all over. ~ Lynn