Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Caution: Physical Activity May Be Hard on Your Body



Good morning out there in blogger land! It's time to get up and get going on the ski slopes here in beautiful British Columbia. Look at this amazing blogging spot I've got. What more can you ask for in life? A beautiful view.........AND internet access........it's like heaven :) But it's time to get out there on the slopes and ski, people. Let's get a move on it, shall we?





Here we are on the top of the mountain, ready for a great run. Zip up those zippers kids because it's cold and windy today! You've got to stop frequently to take pictures because the views are spectacular up here.......or maybe it's because my bones are aching and I need a rest before I soldier on.



After a long, arduous journey through snow and bumpy terrain, we finally make it down to the village again for a quick coffee and cinnamon bun at Bugaboo's Bakery. After we warm our body core temperature back up to normal, we take a couple of pictures before setting off for a bit more skiing.



Poor Mini Me got creamed somewhere between here and there...........just a little bit of swelling ensued.......but nothing a TRUE sport enthusiast can't handel. I want to make it clear though, she was not the cause of the accident. Someone came up behind her yelling "Sorry, sorry, sorry!" and suddenly she found herself face down in the snow, sliding along on her head. Hopefully the swelling goes down soon :)




But, she was game for a bit more skiing so, on our way back to the village, she got this SWEET AIR! You go girl!








Here's the Big Guy waiting for us to gather so we can take a group photo. Don't ya' just love trying to get group photos together? Part of our crew accidentally got stuck on a Double Black Diamond run and had to slide to the village on their buttocks, due to the extremely steep terrain. If it had been me, I would have called for a helicopter to light flight me off the mountain......but......when you're 10 years old with no cell phone, you just sit down and start sliding. YOU GO, KIDDO!






Now, do you remember yesterdays post where I showed you how I labelled my ski's so I could find them back in a crowd? Well, today after lunch, my ski's were nowhere to be found. EVERYONE was looking for them. They should've been easy to find, what with the big "TAMARA" stickers all over them. But, alas, they were lost. Everyone was convinced I has forgotten where I left them. So, if I'd had my druther's, I would have quit skiing right then and there but the Big Guy REALLY wanted to do at least ONE run with me. That meant I had to re-rent skis and go through a lot of paperwork and stuff, just because someone took off with MY skis's by accident. I was sooooooo steamed that someone would do that. How could they miss my big, fat "TAMARA" stickers???!!!! Well, believe it or not, after my last run, while I was sitting in Bugaboo's coffee shop, complaining BITTERLY about the JERK that stole my skii's.........this lady heard my story and 20 minutes later returned to the coffee shop with her daughter to tell me that this young lass on the left had accidentally taken off with my ski's. How can you be mad at someone who comes back to let you know that they are the culprit???!!!




Tonight we're going to watch the fireworks. I hope to get some good pics but, if I don't, I won't have anything to post about tomorrow. Just in case that happens, let me say "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" to all my blogger peeps out there. Don't forget to drink a toast on me :)




I leave you with this parting video of one avid skiier who probably should take a few more lessons.........see you on the slopes next year!



video


24 Comments »

24 Responses to “Caution: Physical Activity May Be Hard on Your Body”

Tootsie said...

you all look so happy...but I can say I would never be able to keep up! I slide down the bunny hill on my back!
90 minutes left in '08....have a wonderful 2009

Rosa said...

You are a trooper! I'm very impressed.:)
Happy New Year!!

momofcrt said...

Blessed New Year to you and your family Tamara. Looks like you're having a fantastic time in an absolutely gorgeous location!!

doggybloggy said...

deeeeeeeluxxxxx.....dang..I am telling you!

once in a blue moon... said...

what a wonderful time you are having! i grew up at tahoe and have not skiied in 15 years, i felt myself sking again looking for the fall line, great fun! happy new years!

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...

Hey, you ski better than I do! Very graceful! We used to only go once every three years...hard to get good when that's all the practice you get. We always went to Breckenridge...the shopping was my favorite part! :-) Susan

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

It looks like everyone had a super time. I hope you got thawed out..looks cold to me..lol I'm glad you're home safe and sound. Looking forward to lots more visiting..hugs ~lynne~

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

It looks like everyone had a super time. I hope you got thawed out..looks cold to me..lol I'm glad you're home safe and sound. Looking forward to lots more visiting..hugs ~lynne~

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Great post! and I adore your blogging spot. Happy Belated New Year's Tamara. ~ Lynn

ceekay said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Wow, skiing. That is way above my pay scale! Never tried...but you all look like you are having a wonderful time. Happy New Year!

Melissa Wertz said...

Oh what a fun day! We never get snow here. Well, once we got 18 inches. It was powder snow, not the kind that makes snowmans and snowballs, the kind you ski on. Our area of AL is hilly and mountainous. So folks with skis and sleds hiked up the the top of our street and skied or sled down our street.

Looks like y'all had a great day!!!

Melissa Wertz said...

Happy New Year!

Leigh said...

What fun! I have never been sking but have always wanted to. After looking at your netwokring nook, I might've passed. WHat a haven! That is amazing!


Thanks for dropping by Bloggeritaville! I hope you will again, and for sure, I will be stoping by the Greenhouse!

Have a Blessed NY 2009.

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous!

I've missed skiing this year, you know, on account of the bed rest. I miss it.

I'll just live through your pictures...;)

What fun!

momstheword said...

The pictures are absolutely beautiful! I have to tell you that I would be so sitting in that comfy looking chair and staying warm. Me for the hot tub if there is one.

So you just ski to your heart's content and I will be waiting back at the lodge....all warm and with chocolate-breath.

momstheword said...

I forgot to wish you an awesome Happy New Year too!!!!

dowhatyoulove said...

Wow, what a beautiful place to spend the New Year. I love your blogging spot, so wonderful to be able to look out the window and see that scenery! Hope you all had a wonderful time! Happy 2009!

antigoni said...

You look very beautiful in your skiing suit. The secong photo is awesome (your blogging spot). Great family moments. I wish you and your family happy new year with love, health, happiness and many more wonderful posts.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

What a wonderful time you all were having! I enjoyed all the photos! British Columbia is gorgeous!

Happy New Year!!

bj said...

OOOO, girl...this looks like so so so much fun...and that view where you are using your laptop...MAGNIFICENT!
You and your family are just beautiful...
xo bj

Rue said...

Hi Tamara :)

You did a great job, but I thought all you Canadians were born with skis on! I'm from sunny Cali and I know how to ski LOL

I loved your Christmas posts!! You did better than Martha in my opinion ;)

Happy New Year!
rue

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Ok...I think actual tears are coming out of my eyes. I looked at your pics twice...maybe thrice. I SOO miss skiing!! I used to even be an instructor. the kids were skiing at two and three. I think I have completely forgot. sniff.

My brother is at Whistler right now with his crew.

I think I'll go pout now!

salmagundi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed your ski trip. I grew up and still live in Colorado, but skiing has never been my thing. I'm too afraid of bodily injury. My kids have always had fun on the slopes, though. Happy New Year. Sally

CurtissAnn said...

Just spent a few enjoyable minutes catching up with your posts. I'm thoroughly impressed with your skiing. The pics of all the snow brought back memories from years ago as a child and young adult in Alaska and Iowa. Know what? I do not miss it a bit, although the lodge looks like a gorgeous place to look out at all that cold.

Thanks for growing the spring plants!

Hugs,
CurtissAnn