Monday, November 17, 2008

You won't want to miss this concert!

I am so EXCITED about this week, even though it's going to be a very busy one. This Friday and Saturday my brood of musicians will be performing with the world famous Peter Wildeman, organist extraordinaire!



Peter is a wonderful organist from Holland who has taken my little band of musicians under his wing since Junior was just a 16 year old lad. He knew his way around a violin pretty good for such a young guy and Peter had him record a CD that featured some gorgeous classical and sacred music that was well received in the Netherlands.


My little Angel was next to go to Holland, the home of our ancestors, to make a CD. She went off with her big brother and they made some fabulous memories out there in the "old country".

Now Peter's coming here to do a tour in Western Canada as well as performing a special Thanksgiving concert in the States. All the kids are joining in the fun.


Danny Boneduce is pretty "stoked" and has been working on his Allegro Appassionato for this special occasion. It's not every day you get to play a solo with a world renowned musician!


Studying a stringed instrument is a very tough slog! The kids have really worked hard to hone their skills and I'm always very impressed with their dedication......well, almost always :)
Here is a 30 second taste of Mini Me's violin lesson.

video
It's always very intense when you're preparing for a festival or concert!


I'll keep you posted on all the fun. Peter always keeps us on our toes with his jokes and last minutes program changes. It's going to be a wild, wild week :) Make sure to save Saturday, November 22 for the concert in the Willoughby Canadian Reformed Church starting at 7:30.



9 Comments »

9 Responses to “You won't want to miss this concert!”

Jenny said...

The Jansen children are AWESOME! Of, course, I'd say their parents had a little to do with it, huh?

:)

Rosa said...

Sorry I'm going to mis it! Keep us posted. :)

Lynn said...

How amazing! I know you must be proud of them. I would be!

My third son plays the viola, but has a long way to go to be where your children are. I do hope he'll continue with it. If a child can play, it's a lifetime gift that will continue to bring them happiness throughout their lifetime.

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Tamara, your children are so amazingly gifted!! I never knew they had a CD made. Thanks for this post. Hope the concert goes well. We may or may not go depending on Wes' workload this week. You must be so thankful. And you are not kidding when you say "Mini Me" about Lydia!! I remember you when you were her age...unreal.

Rose Bredenhof

Nancy-Mom said...

Hey Tam, do you still have a cd of Lydia's available ? we have Lawrences but never did see Lydia's widh we could be at the concert but.....:o(

Fifi Flowers said...

VERY exciting! Congratulations!

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

You have such talented children! I have always admired musicians. Was married to one once upon a time.
Brenda

Catherine Holman said...

Wow! I'm really impressed! I've always wanted to play the violin and you have a house full of violin musicians.
Cathie

antigoni said...

You must be very proud of your kids. Good luck with the concert.