Thursday, November 13, 2008

John Schneider and Roma Downey are coming to my place!


Well, you're never going to believe this but I've got some serious company today! I've got 75 people over, transforming my house into a movie set. It's a Hallmark movie of the month and the crew starting piling in my driveway at about 6:30 in the morning. The Big Guy was not too impressed to be getting up early this morning for......of all things......a movie.

I've been having a blast sitting on the stairs, watching the people take all my stuff outside and bring a whole new batch of furniture inside. If I was sentimental, I might be a little insulted at all the stuff they took out. I mean, my beautiful black club chairs are perfect for a movie set, aren't they? Hey, I like that beige chair they brought with them! Hmmmm........maybe they'll let me keep it.


This is what my house normally looks like.......and this is what it looks like when John and Roma come over for coffee.


This is usually how my little breakfast nook appears....... but I guess Roma needs an office.




This is the view from my upstairs window. I'm hiding out here while the set director decides how he's going to shoot his scenes. The movie is supposed to be in the summer but it's bitterly cold here this morning. This poor lady is busy planting up the garden to make it look like there's something still growing here. Here's another shot of my veranda, getting dressed to look like it's still good weather north of the 49th parallel......it's NOT!




Too my sheer HORROR, I was wandering around the house taking pictures and I suddenly found this in my LAUNDRY ROOM.........they are going to seat John........and Roma in my LAUNDRY ROOM!!! Oh, why, why, why didn't I clean up the laundry room last night???



Anyway, they're starting to film some outside shots so I'm going to check out what other exciting things are going on right now.........I'll keep you posted!


15 Comments »

15 Responses to “John Schneider and Roma Downey are coming to my place!”

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Are you having fun? I've always wondered what it would be like to have our home used as a set. Can't wait to hear more, Tamara!

Nancy-Mom said...

I wondered when it was gonna happen. Keep us posted, we'll have to drive by when we're down tomorrow and catch some of the excitement!

Chandra said...

Huh, did I miss a previous post telling about this? How did this come about??? And what are they filming?

Anonymous said...

We have had 2 film directors ask to use our home for movies. We refused both times mostly because the house belongs to the church and it would cause great disruption to our family life since the last time they asked, I was 38 weeks pregnant.

We did allow them to use our driveway last year for their poptents, etc. They finally filmed the movie next door. I found out later that we could have made some big money. I just thought I would do the neighborly thing and say, "Sure you can borrow our driveway for the day!" I could have purchased a couch set! LOL The funny thing is that our church neighbors thought we were throwing some kind of party and were wondering why they weren't invited. :) Anyways, both movies were rated "R" and it would have caused major issues. The pastor or C of A profitting from a movie? Could you imagine? LOL

Rose Bredenhof

Rosa said...

Very cool!
And a little embarassing. (the laundry room I mean! LOL)
Have fun and take LOTS of pictures!

The Berry's Patch said...

OMGOSH! That is soooo coooool!

Rue said...

Hi Tamara :)

I would never in a million years let them take anything out of my house... you are a brave woman :)

Are you having fun? It sounds like it LOL

rue

Pajama Mama said...

ohmygoodness! how exciting!

thanks for visiting my blog...i'll have to come back and visit some more for the full john & roma scoop!

-kristen

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, wish i lived close by. Take lots of pictures and get some autographs. Wish we had the hallmark channel in Canada. Hopefully it will appear on DVD.
Adalia

Sandy said...

Hey Tamara, sounds like great fun! :)

Melissa Wertz said...

I am sitting here screaming! Watching Smallville just in case Clark has a flashback of his dad.....

What a hunk and he is going to be in your laundry room!!! I would never clean it again!!! Roma Downey is OK too.

Have fun! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

momofcrt said...

Ooooooh I had such a crush on John Schneider when he was in Dukes of Hazzard LOL.
How in the world did they choose your house?? That is so cool!

Lorie said...

How fun!!!

Diane said...

What a truly lovely home you have.. and how much fun was that shooting... I have been involved in a few and they are always so much fun...
Cheers, Diane

The Stylish House said...

What a neat experience, and it looks like such fun! Beautiful home too! Cathy