Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Big Reveal - We're Open for Christmas!


I'm so excited! We finally figured out how to re-use our giant chandelier left over from my little Angel's wedding......it's been hung up as a feature for our new retail shop! It was decided that we should set the store up inside the greenhouse this year for various reasons. I'm not really sure what those reasons are........ but I think it looks just GORGEOUS!




The guys hung up my big, black panels from the wedding so that we can define the space without keeping our customers completely in the dark about what it looks like in the distribution area. Everyone wants to know what we're doing in this BIG building so we figured we'd let them take a peek......


They also brought in the display table from the Big Red Barn for a central focal point. Doesn't it just look great? My sister-in-law is in charge of all things retail and, even though she'd busy organizing all the school fundraisers that we do here in the Fraser Valley, she managed to get the Christmas tree displays set up put all the plants in place, priced them and decorated them, and got them all ready to sell. I helped a little on the decorating because, well, I'm a sucker for glitter and all things gold. I just love making things sparkle and shine. It's very satisfying to go home covered in shiny glitter at Christmas. I think that's my favorite part of the season!



We've got a wide range of poinsettias all dressed up and just waiting for a nice home to go to. Everything's priced really great since this is mostly OVERSTOCK stuff that we want to clear out from last year.....and the year before.....and the year before that!



Right behind the curtains of the retail, we are going full tilt Christmas. Poinsettias are getting shipped from our other locations so we can dress them up and send them off to distant lands.



Today we are going crazy dressing up our Christmas trees. It looks like a forest in here. If you are living anywhere in Alberta, keep your eyes open for these gorgeous trees at our favorite Big Box store......you know who! We try to do all decorating on an assembly line to keep things going as efficiently as possible. Great job, girls!



Right behind the tree trimming crew, we have another crew busy planting osteo's for spring. It's interesting to see how the seasons mix together here at Darvonda. Christmas overlaps Spring, Spring overlaps Fall, and Fall overlaps Christmas. It's a real art to keep everything organized and running smoothly.
Hope to see you soon in the retail! We'll be here waiting for you :)


28 Comments »

28 Responses to “The Big Reveal - We're Open for Christmas!”

Melissa Wertz said...

Oh I have had so much fun looking at your blog!!! Your children are very talented! And John Schneider, what a hunk! The poinsettias are beautiful.

The Berry's Patch said...

I may buy some poinsettias this year...all because of you. lol They look beautiful. :-)

Anonymous said...

I love poinsettias, but unfortunately we can have them as we have cats and i believe that they are poisonous to them. But they sure do look beautiful Tammy.
Adalia

Emily said...

The retail center looks beautiful! And so do the plants ;) Way to go!

Catherine Holman said...

The poinsettas are amazing. I just love all that red!
Hugs,
Cathie

Leslie: said...

Wow, Tamara! You really ARE ready for Christmas. Would you email me and let me know the address of your shop? Thx.

antigoni said...

I love poinsettias. When i'll buy a plant for Christmas, i'll think of you. Your place is fantastic. I wish i could be there.Wish you good sales.

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh my word that chandelier is so beautiful...what an interesting blog. xorachel

Pink Slippers said...

Thank you for visiting my blog I really enjoyed reading yours. How neat.

Rosa said...

That looks Awesome!
I'm gonna have to get me some glitter!
And a few poinsettias!
Miss you. :)

Catherine Holman said...

I may be signing with a publishing and licensing agent in a couple of weeks and then my artwork could be used for Christmas cards and gift items. Thanks for asking!
Cathie

Rose B. said...

Beautiful flowers and trees! Hope you sell a lot this season!

Melissa Miller said...

Hi Tamara,~WOW~ Look at all the Poinsettas! They are my favorite at this time of year. Thank you so much for visiting and your kindness is really appreciated. Come back anytime. You're always welcome! ~Melissa :)

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Everything looks gorgeous, and I love the chandelier :)!

Nancy-Mom said...

Wow, it looks beautiful Tam. How different from when we were there a few weeks ago especially with the chandelier in the midst of it all. Do you send people up to Vernon to decorate peoples homes ?? you know I can't and hubby isn't into it so...?????? :o)

Brenda@View From The Pines said...

You make me dizzy with all your activity! I have my garden, my little slice of paradise. But one that big I can just barely imagine!
Brenda

Tootsie said...

my God! You are living my dream! I have a 12x20 little tiny greenhouse that I start all my bedding plants from seed in each year. What I would not give to have what you are doing. I am so happy you stopped in on my blog...I am now your biggest fan...(and just for the record...not nearly as nutty as the last two posts that I put up) lol

Nola @ the Alamo said...

I wish I lived closer so I could come and shop under the big beautiful chandelier!

KarenHarveyCox said...

Wow, what a wonderful place to be at Christmas time. All those poinsettias, I would be in heaven. Your center looks amazing, I hope you have a wonderful season.

Thanks for linking to A Christmas Fair.

Karen

dana said...

Just AMAZING!!! Everything looks so wonderful and Christmasy! It was so great to meet you via Karen's Christmas Fair! Dana

She'sSewPretty said...

Wow! This is my first visit here coming from Karen's blog. Your pictures are gorgeous! I love poinsettias!

Vee ~ A Haven for Vee said...

Wow! What an interesting thing to see. Thank you for giving us a glimpse into the business at Christmastime.

Rhondi said...

What a production you have going there. I love to see all the pointsettias.

Elizabeth said...

This was interesting to see how it all goes at the greenhouse. The chandelier looks wonderful!

CurtissAnn said...

Oh, I saw those =red= poinsettias! I love gold and glitter, too. Thanks for growing such magic for the Season.

alicesg said...

Very beautiful photos of the colourful flowers. I guess everyone are very busy at this time of the year. Head on to my christmas fair.

CC said...

Your blog is wonderful...and those trees are just beautifully decorated. Have a lovely week..

The W.O.W. factor said...

OMG! These are yours?? I hope you realize...you live mu ultimate dream! Having a greenhouse/nursey!
I love poinsettias at Christmas, actually, my favorite decoration!

Those hockey games are so fun to watch!...on TV! They look COLD in person! And I don't care for cold...which we are having as I type!
Thanks for the visit and wishes!
Keep on gardening! If you need some more hands...mine live to be dirty!