Monday, October 13, 2008

At the Greenhouse while we're gone....








It's amazing how well the greenhouse runs without us! Sometimes, when I'm working, I get the feeling that things would just fall apart if I wasn't there. But, when I leave, everything just seems to run smoothly. Isn't that just WONDERFUL?!




While I'm sitting on the deck of a catamaran, looking out over the waves on the morning sun, I know that, way up in northern Canada, someone is checking on my poinsettias. They are lovingly giving them water, checking for bugs and diseases, just keeping them healthy until it's time to ship them to market.

While I'm having a wonderfully exotic meal at a roadside restaurant, best described as rustic, I know that my containers are arriving from Asia, filled with all my Christmas pots. Someone is checking the UPC's to make sure they are right. Someone is checking the color and quality of each different item to make sure they are perfect for the coming Christmas rush.

While I'm on a boat with all the teachers from the Escola Biblica Crista and having a barbecue right on the boat with my favorite Principal, Moises, someone is checking to make sure the boiler is running correctly. Someone else is working with the customers to ensure all their orders are placed correctly so no one is disappointed.

Then, when I'm out on the ocean fishing, I know that another one of my peeps is probably getting on a plane to Asia to check on our 2009 pot designs. He's got a briefcase full of sketches and ideas that have to be approved and tweaked so that, when I get back, I have something new to show my customers.



My other peeps are busy studying the product offering for Christmas 2008 to familiarize themselves with all the complicated details.

Are you starting to get the picture? My peeps ROCK!!!




Can you believe that the Big Guy and I used to do it all alone? The greenhouse was much smaller back then......but my glasses were a lot bigger :)




7 Comments »

7 Responses to “At the Greenhouse while we're gone....”

Rosa said...

Yes, but were your big glasses Rainbow coloured like mine? LOL

Nola @ Alamo North said...

Love those glasses! My "biggies" were marbled blue, with blue tinted lenses, can you believe it?
Love all the photos, both of your trip and back home in the greenhouse. You should offer internships to bloggers to come and learn more about the goings-on of running a greenhouse! Terrific on-the-job-training!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

This was a very fun post to follow. I can see that you have great trust in your "peeps". : )
Also, I LOVED the Barn makeover. Kudos to you and your helpers.
M.L.

Saucy said...

I love your retro pics at the end! Have a great getaway... Happy Thanksgiving!

The Old Painted Cottage said...

Just wanted to drop by and thank you for weighing in on my recent post. Everyone's thoughts and opinions are very valuable to me.

oxox
Jennifer

Rue said...

Hi Tamara :)

For all the work you're doing, it looks like a great vaction in Brazil too ;)

I had a pair of glasses like that too, but the pictures have been... taken care of LOL

Have fun!
rue

Rue said...

Oh and the barn makeover?? INCREDIBLE!!