Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Wedding Day


I can't believe it's all over. My little Angel is married. What a monumental occasion. My "to do" list on the morning of the wedding was just a little overwhelming but......we managed to make it to the church ALMOST on time. As with any well organized event, something must go wrong and our mishap happened early in the day. As we were on route to the church my Little Angel suddenly remembered she had left the wedding bands on the table in the kitchen. Since we normally live on stress, the Big Guy handled the situation well by calmly turning around and heading back home. The ceremony started only 15 minutes late :)

First, the groom walked all us "old people" down the isle to get the party rolling. The flower girls were the cutest little dolls and behaved perfectly, waving at their moms as they walked slowly down the isle.

The ceremony was beautiful and the mother of the bride managed a 1 kleenex event. This was the moment that gave me the biggest challenge.............

The weather really didn't cooperate with us for our big day but luckily Junior had organized a limo for protection from the elements. I'm not sure if he was actually wanting to keep dry or just excited to have an excuse to rent a limo. Off they all went to Fort Langley to find some nice old porches and covered patios where they could take some photos in the semi-dry.

Fort Langley is a very pretty little town with lots of different covered porches. The poor photographers had to put up with some inclement weather but they were very professional about the whole thing anyway. Look at my new son-in-law keeping the little ones occupied. I couldn't have chosen a better guy for my Little Angel.

Patience is a virtue, Angel. You'll soon be nice and warm inside the new greenhouse, sipping champagne and enjoying the beginning of the rest of your life :)
After a few hours of photos, the couple and their party arrived at the greenhouses for the family photos. Everyone was just so joyful. How can you not just love these faces?
Someone set up the guest book scrapbook pages in the front entry for everyone to sign as they arrived which was a really nice touch. We also took a moment to help bustle the train on our Little Angel's dress so she didn't have to sweep all the dust off the greenhouse floor as she walked around.

Because of the rain, we had to take our family photos indoors. Everyone was relaxed and in a great mood. Look at all those smiles. I feel so blessed with such an amazing family. The Big Guy was looking pretty hot in his new shirt and tie. Pretty much the best looking guy I know!

We spent an hour chatting and munching on h'ordeurves.



Rosa's husband was very busy behind the scenes with the seating plan which caused a little bit of confusion. I have no idea what he's doing here but I'm sure it's the reason why everyone found their assigned seat. Thanks Henry.
Finally it was time to be seated and begin the feast. Plumber Boy and his wife were the Masters of Ceremony for the evening and they made sure that everything ran very smooth. The dinner tables looked AMAZING.......exactly according to our plan.The guys had to fix a little leakage problem we had due to the unexected rain but they found a solution that worked like a charm. These big plastic bins caught all unwanted rain just perfectly.


The kitchen was a very busy place that night,starting with French Onion Soup. Following that we munched on a tasty fresh mixed salad. I chose beef for my main course and it was something phenomenal. It cut like butter......with a butter knife.......it was so tender! I hope everyone enjoyed all the food. I'd like to give a big "shout out" to our chef Gary and his army of helpers. They really worked hard to get everyone a hot plate. THANKS A MILLION GUYS!



Upstairs we had a seperate party for the kids that turned out to be quite challenging for our 3 babysitters. I didn't think about the fact that a room without doors (we are not quite finished our offices yet so the doors have not yet been hung) is a difficult place to keep a 3 year old. The girls had to get creative to keep the little ones coralled in one place. By the look of the room at the end of the evening, I'm pretty sure I didn't pay them enough for their time. Thanks girls.....and one young fellow who really did an amazing job running after some of the more rambunctious young 'uns. He must be related to the groom because he sure was a nice young fellow, volunteering his assitance so willingly.


While our guests were finishing their meal we began some entertainment including our version of the Phantom of the Opera with a little twist........Opera Diva rewrote the story and called it the Phantom of the Greenhouse. The Big Guy was a natural for the Phantom and he sang with great gusto. Of course, Slim Jim and Opera Diva sang some amazing love songs that charmed the guests. If you look close, you can see me sitting on the floor acting like a daffodil.
I could say sooo much more but it's time for me to sign off for now. I will have a few more blogs about this big shindig in the days to come......
(Thanks to Mel D for putting a bunch of great photos on facebook. I hope you don't mind that I used the! You guys take great photos)


11 Comments »

11 Responses to “The Wedding Day”

Nola @ AlamoNorth said...

How lovely! Everything was beautiful, especially the bridal party. I know you a glad to have it over with and now you can relax! Best wishes to the newlyweds!

antigoni said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! The big day. You must be thrilled. Everything turned out perfectly. The bride was an Angel. And the bride's mom, too. The couple is unique. Made for each other. I wish you all the best for all your kids. Have a good rest now.

Melanie said...

No problem on using the photo's! That's what we posted them for...so everyone can enjoy them! I do have to say that I love our camera! The wedding was absolutely beautiful Tam and we will always remember it fondly! Now the clean up begins :)

momofcrt said...

wonderful pictures, your daughter was a beautiful bride, very much looking like her mother,
you also look fantastic in these pictures, you'd never know you were 40 ;-)
congratulations to everyone

marina said...

C-O-N-G-R-A-T-U-L-A-T-I-O-N-S!!!!
You succeeded to organise a perfect marriage for your daughter! She was beautiful like a living doll! And the groom too! An accordant couple!
May all your children choose the right people for themselves. After all what do we dream about them? Health, prosperity and good companions for them.

Lynn said...

Oh what a beautiful wedding! The bride is gorgeous, and if that's you in some of the pictures, you look like her sister!! :) No wonder she is so beautiful!

I wish them all the best!

Lynn

PS - I hope my Princess of the Universe marries someone I can feel absolutely wonderful about too.

Reader Wil said...

What a lovely day it must have been for all of you! Congratulations!

Saucy said...

My gosh, everything looks amazing. Now what will you do with your days? All that planning! I loved your dress... beautiful bride and mother of the bride!

Sharon said...

What a gorgeous wedding! I love the green dresses! Fabo! Your daughter is stunning. It all turned out so beautiful. My son is getting married in three weeks! I can't believe it!

Good job on everything!

hugs, Sharon

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Ooh my goodness!!! Thanks so much for inviting me over to take a look at this most GRAND event. You must be so proud of the way everything came together so beautifully. It is all just so breathtaking! And the chandelier...I'm speechless. Bravo...really!!!
Mary Lou @ the house of whimsy

Connie said...

Tamara, What a beautiful day, a beautiful bride and glad everything went well considering the weather. You look great and so young. Glad to meet you and thanks for stopping by my blog. Connie