Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Things are coming together!


Things are getting a little crazy around here......we're about half way finished shipping our mums, which is such a blessing. You can start to see some big empty spaces out in the fields finally. The plants are looking absolutely fabulous as they get packed up and shipped out.

The office is really coming along as well. The guys did all painting which really helped us stay on budget. They always amaze me with how they just plug away at projects like this and "get 'er done" like nobody's business.

So, now that the paint is on, the flooring is going in, cabinets are being installed, the big "mantle" above the front door is going up and the exterior painting is coming along.

All the choices you have to make start to get a little overwhelming after a while. What color for the exterior paint? What color for the interior paint? What sort of railing for the stairs? Shall we have carpet? Tile? Laminate? White toilet? Tall toilet? Heated toilet seat? I hope I chose well!


Out in the parking lot, the guys have been working hard on getting everything put in place. Digging, grading, smoothing, it's all in a days work for the Big Guy. Boys and their toys!


Only a couple more weeks till the wedding so I'm happy to see that even the toilets have begun to be installed. As long as the kitchen and bathrooms are working for the party, I'll be happy. Of course, I'll be happier if EVERYTHING is finished........


8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Things are coming together!”

marina said...

Don't be so stressed! Everything will be ready on time!!!
And...congratulations!!!You have won an award from me!Look at my blog for more details!

Rue said...

Hi Tamara :)

You've been busy since I was here last! Things are moving right along. It's going to be wonderful when it's finished :)

rue

Rosa said...

I'll be there soon!
Ready and willing to help. :)
It's all looking great!

Pat @ Back Porch Musings said...

Just look at all those glorious mums!! I just saw your comment at the Back Porch!

We have mums with lots of blooms,just waiting to pop! Every year we seem to find more spaces for mums!

Nancy-Mom said...

Wow, ie looks great Tamara. It'll all be ready in time with everyone working hard and helping out. Relax !! Easier said then done, I know. We had the reception at a hotel in Vernon, girls did some decorating. Tables and lights. For the rest, it was all done. Ahh, relaxing !!

antigoni said...

Don't worry. When all these are behind, you will enjoy every moment. And all will be sweat memories.

Julie said...

Hi, Miss Tamara!
Thank you for coming to visit me!

Your mums are beautiful (I want some???) and oh. my. goodness. But you are just the most precious girl!!!!!

Is this your home you're building or your business? Because it seems your decorating choices are very warm and cozy like a home AND I've never seen such a beautiful kitchen in a business -- but the outside is HUGE!!!! Am I really this silly or has all that peroxide finally seeped to my brain???

Blessings,
Julie

Madam Zelda E said...

What pretty flowers!
I send you the My Sunshine award.