Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Goodbye Mr. Fix It!


One thing about greenhouses, they need a lot of work to keep them in good running order. There are so many parts and pieces that need maintenance on a daily basis, it's mind boggling. Every roof vent needs a well oiled motor to keep it opening when it should. Every tractor needs a good tire full of air to keep it driving the way it should. Every window needs a solid piece of glass to help keep the warm air inside where it's supposed to be. Every water pipe needs a solid joint to keep the watering flowing where we need it. Every greenhouse needs a Mr. Fix It guy to keep things runnings smoothly. The more vents, motors, tractors, glass and pipes you have, the more work there is for your Mr. Fix It.


Well, it was a sad day last Friday when we had to say goodbye to our Mr. Fix It. After 7 years at Darvonda, we had to say adieu. Now, he wasn't just a Mr. Fix It, he was also one of our growers. What a renaisance man, able to grow a top notch garden mum and fix a broken water pipe before you could even blink! We're going to miss him a lot around here.


Now who's going to fix all those broken down door, walls and get all the routine maintenance done around here?


7 Comments »

7 Responses to “Goodbye Mr. Fix It!”

marina said...

It's always difficult to say goodbye to beloved and useful people!!!

Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme said...

Good Morning Tamara,

I've found one of the hardest things in life is saying goodbye. Sometimes I decide I'm not going to say it, I just say, "see you next time, have a wonderful day".

I hope you have a new fix-it man lined up.

You have a wonderful bloggie home. I appreciated you stopping by and your precious comments. I look forward to reading more about you as I love gardening and you have more challenges in Canada than I do in MN :).

Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
Kathi :)

Shelia said...

Hi Tamara! It's so nice to meet you! Sorry to hear you're losing your Mr. Fix It! I'm sure you're gonna find another one!
Thanks for popping in to see me!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Rosa said...

Well maybe Danny Bonaducci's up for the job! :)

Brenda Kula said...

Well, where's he off to? Can't beg him back? Those Mr. Fixits are hard to find. I've never managed to be married to one in three marriages. So I'm Mrs. Fixit, but can't do all that much with things you're talking about. So I guess I need not apply...
Brenda

antigoni said...

I' m sorry for your loss. God bless your nieces' new babies.

Denise said...

Hello there, I have enjoyed my visit to your blog and your photos are lovely. I'll look forward to coming back. Thank you for visiting mine and leaving the nice comment.