Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Barbecue for 70....no problem!



Whew! I am glad to report that the Grade 11 barbecue has gone off without a hitch and a good time was had by all. Well, there was one or two little hitches like a barbecue that wouldn't fire up and a grease fire that just about set the barn ablaze but......other than that, things went quite well.





The park beside our house was a perfect place for a bit of soccer, volley ball and just hanging around. I hope this guys mother doesn't read my blog because if she sees this picture, I may have some 'splainin to do :)

The Costco hamburgers were a great hit, carcinogenic charring and all. It is truly amazing how ketchup can make pretty much anything taste great.

Opera Diva was not pleased with my decision to take photos while she was eating her burger. It seems she's a little self conscious when she has her retainer out. Understandable, since she's missing 2 of her front teeth. She has to wait until her jaw is sufficiently mature enough for her planned dental implants. Smile Sweetheart!




I was so impressed with this wonderful bunch of kids......almost everyone made sure to say "Thank you for everything" before they left. Can you BELIEVE it? An appreciative teenager?! Be still my heart!


8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Barbecue for 70....no problem!”

marina said...

They look like they had a very good time!!! I don't know about you, with all the housework and everything. And "yes" teenagers can be polite WHEN they want to!

antigoni said...

I'm sorry about the fire of the barn. I'm sure you had great time at the barbeque. The hamburgers looked so tasty and juicy. Yammy!

Rosa said...

Opera Diva's going to KILL you when she reads this! LOL :D

Rosa said...

Okay, I just read it again and that hockey player's smiling face is going to keep me laughing all through my morning run!
Thanks!

Brenda said...

You brought a laugh to my morning! Thank you for that.
Brenda

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

You were a brave soul to bbq for that many kids. So glad they were all appreciative. Love the guy on the goal post...loved it all...lots of laughs. That hamburger made me so hungry...heading upstairs now to fix supper. ~ Lynn

Nola @ AlamoNorth said...

OFF TOPIC COMMENT: RE:CHICKEN SOUP
Oh, Tamara, you go girl! I am going to mention you in tomorrow's post, to be sure everyone see's that you, too have great taste! So many people gave me such grief (jokingly) about the soup comment! It is comforting to know I am not alone! Thanks for commenting!!!

Nola @ AlamoNorth said...

Tamara, You've just been presented The Smile Award, check out my blog for the instructions and icon!