Saturday, August 23, 2008

Where Bloggers Create



Oh, you're here......come in, come in. Can I get you a coffee or tea? Would you like cream and sugar? I'm so glad you stopped in! Come on in and take a peak!

This is my old office, the place I used to create in,the one I shared with the Big Guy, my husband of 21 years. I had to stop sharing with him when he started complaining about the mess I left behind. I don't think he appreciates how creative people work......we need stimulus, stuff, color, texture.....stuff! So, I have been out of a creative space to call my own for about a year now. But, let's face it, that doesn't stop a creative person because creative people can create anywhere or anytime. That's because we're creative. We're inspired all the time!

We're inspired by color.

We're inspired by shapes.
We're inspired by textures.

I believe that when we surround ourselves with beautiful things, it makes the world a better place to be. God created beauty to tickle our senses. Since I am in the floral industry, I try to translate that into my work. I am determined to make sure that the average person can buy fabulous flowers that complement any garden or home at a price that is too good to resist. I work with a number of different chain stores to create unique designs that will inspire the average person to take home a Spring Planter....... or a Christmas poinsettia........ to beautify their homes and create a feeling of joy and well being. Check out my website to find out more about my work http://www.darvonda.com/.

Here's a stash of my supplies. I use these to create new planters to sell at you're local Big Box store or garden center. I've collected bits and pieces from all over the place. Open one drawer and you'll find inspiration for Christmas. Pull down another box and you'll find ribbons and bows in a wide range of colors. If I need a colorful accent for a Spring basket, it's sure to be in here somewhere.
This room has gotten way too small, though for all my samples. It's a good thing we'll soon be moving to the new office. I just can't wait!

Here's my brand new creative space. It's big, it's open, and it's got a great view !That's the Big Guy's office right across the hall.

I had a tough time picking out the colors, though. I was going for a sophisticated, European sort of look. The guys have been working hard to make sure the finish is just perfect. We've even put Danny Boneduce to work doing some community service hours......hopefully he'll straighten up and fly right! Move in date: September 19 th! Woo hoo! I'm excited.

For now, this is my creative spot. It's cozy sitting out on the deck in the early morning with a warm cup of coffee and a fresh muffin. Ok, I'll admit, the muffin comes from the McDonald's down the street but does that really matter? It's fresh and warm and delicious and it comes with a coffee for only 49 cents. I can't be bothered to turn on the oven for 49 cents. And because I didn't have to bake it from scratch, I have time to do my blogging!

Well, I hope you enjoyed this virtual tour. And I hope you drop by again some time soon!


16 Comments »

16 Responses to “Where Bloggers Create”

marina said...

You're so calm because you have a nice family, a good husband and you're surrounded by flowers!!! That's why you're creative...And that's why you look so young...!(I would say 30 and something)bjble

GeorgiaPeachez said...

Hi Tamara, I have really enjoyed your blog this morning. What an interesting family business and how exciting about the upcoming wedding. Cheers! xo, suzy

Laurie from My Garden To Yours said...

I love your temp blogging space...outdoors!

KarenHarveyCox said...

I loved what you wrote about being inspired by so many things. I love keeping everything out for inspiration when I am working on a project. I love your post and all your supplies. Your creations are gorgeous, I must stop by your site. Your new place looks amazing!! Thanks for the tour. Karen

Rue said...

Hi Tamera :)

I'll have to come back when your space is finished. It sounds amazing! I think I might miss blogging outside on the beautiful porch though :)

Your flower arrangements are gorgeous. I so with I had that talent.

rue

Brenda Kula said...

Another wonderful post! Honey, you've got the knack! I love your outdoor space, your ingenuity, your sense of humor. And I'm going to visit your other site too. So glad you're blogging!
Brenda

Rosa said...

That's what I need to tell henry when I've got a project going. . .
I need all the stuff around me to be creative!
Great post!

Nola said...

Wow, what space you are creating, I know you can't wait. I'll bookmark you and come back for the NEW tour. Thanks for sharing...

Claudie said...

Hi fellow Canadian
I love your blog pages. I just started and have a long way to go. WOW so many mums. Can't wait to get mine, they are out already here in Ottawa area.
Will come back soon and thank you for the tour.
CC (Claudie from Canada)
www.frid.com/Claudie

CurtissAnn said...

Fascinating! You are so right-- people create anywhere, and all the time. God designed us that way. Thanks for explaining about the greenhouses-- and my husband eats like that, too. Doesn't bother him a bit. :)

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Isn't it wonderful to have a large space of your own? Enjoy!

dana said...

What a treat to meet you and peek into your interesting, busy and very creative world! I so enjoyed your blog and will now look forward to catching up on "what's new" with you and your greenhouse business! Dana

Carla said...

So YOUR the person that makes those combo containers I JUST HAVE TO BUY???? I really admire your design-your new place looks fun, thank you for sharing!

Heidi Ann said...

Hi Tamara, Your new space is going to be incredible, but I have to say, your porch is pretty darn great too!...heidi XO

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

Oh Wow! Look at your new creative space. I bet you are just so excited. It's wonderful!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh how I enjoy your blog! laurie